Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cleaning Stove Top Drip Pans....

I found this idea on Pinterest in a very round about way.  I was looking further into the blog where I found the Carpet Spot Cleaner and I found a link to The V Spot and her exceptional way of cleaning cooked on crap off of your stove top drip pans.

Of course I forgot to take pictures, but when I do it again I will update this post with photos!

Take your drip pans, put them in plastic zip top (not zipper/slider top) baggies.  Add a bit of ammonia, seal them up, and let them sit for 12-24 hours.  You don't need to soak them, it is the fumes that gets the crud off.

I put mine in bags yesterday after dinner.  I put them on the enclosed porch, in case they leaked I didn't want the smell in the house, and I let them sit until this afternoon.  I opened the bags and removed the cast iron burner things and the drip pans and scrubbed ever so slightly and almost everything peeled right off.  Mine weren't perfectly clean but it was below freezing last night outside so I'm thinking it didn't work as well as it could have had the bags been warm in the slightest bit.

My plan is to do this again this summer and let them sit in the sun all day to heat up, I'm thinking this will activate the fumes much better than the cold.  I will let you know how that goes when I do it again.

In any case, my stove top is much cleaner and I didn't have to use much elbow grease.  A success in my book!

Thanks to The V Spot and One Good Thing by Jillee

No comments:

Post a Comment